Friday, September 14, 2007

Letter to Angela

Aside: In New York it is high of 75, low of 60 degrees. In Brrlin, it is high of 65 degrees and low of 50. Mudder. Fudder.

Ang-hela, mi poomp-kin!

Thanks for you update and the long-ago email -- soo lovely to hear from you and that things are moving forward (ya big basketball!)! Every time I see a Madonna and child in NameYourEra Museum -- believe it or not, I think of you! Oh, also about pillage and how ugly the 16th century painters make life out to be (but it probably was, chickens, goats, blood, fat) and history and technique and how amazing that we've had hundreds of years of these techniques and development and West and East and audiences and everything else.

I miss New York. So far I have spent 6 weeks in festivals, 1 week+ in holiday, 2 weeks in depression in exile, and we'll see about my last 2 weeks. I come back on the 27th!!!!

I'm procrastinating from writing about the DANCE that I've been seeing, doing, I'm sort of (the usual) depressed / reluctant about this form. What keeps us so tethered to it? Vanity? Narcissism? Love? Spirit? Necessity? Dreaming? Are there unworthy dreams, that have the semblance of dreaming, but are not really, because they don't reach high enough? But now, writing this long-ago email reply to you, I am inspired - Ang-hela, poompkin, my muse, I will work today on DANCE DANCE DANCe.... oh have been trying to get clips of our work on YouTube but there is a 10 minute limit and god help me editing takes time, especially with kind of shitty footage. Sorry. I swore in front of your baby.

Miss you. AH I still have your lemurs video, I know how important that is for the pre-natal preparations (to tune into your already growing animal instincts). The minute I'm back I will steal a VCR and watch it and approach your new home on all fours.

Miss you. Give my love to Nate and the bellykins. Pre- or post-baby, we simply must work on a script dahling.

Love
MEL

No comments: