Saturday, July 21, 2007

Owned by Google

I have finally discovered how to put Blogger on my dashboard. No more logging in; no more firefox fatigue.  It will probably also make my musings a LOT more stream of consciousness than they have ever been, except then I suppose I don't feel as motivated by the sense of "common purpose" or "generalized, anonymous audience" as I do when doing this live.  Sort of like how you work out with less intensity with weights at home than if you go to the gym. Lifestyle, it seems, is all about whether or not you achieve the feeling of purpose and production than the end point or product itself.  Collectivity, it seems, is largely about Every Body doing their own tasks but in constant presence of others doing the same.  "I want participatory privacy, in public," I confess to my friend Mike on 7/17, "which I suppose is like ten people taking shits in ten individual port-a-potties made of one-way glass."

Mike is also here for the festival, and has been here 4 or 5 times. He is a delightful handful of pining gay adolescence and soulful cerebrality.He thinks he has Asperger's Syndrome, a nervous system disorder related to autism and yes, which would explain a number of his behaviours. He proposed tonight to stage a solo for Every Life Lost In The Iraq War / Every Measure Of Land Lost From The Melting Of The Ice Caps / Every Bureaucrat Profited From THe Wastages Of Modern Living / etc.  I am adlibbing a little. But in the bathroom later, I am thinking this is a great idea. Can we make it a global relay of very mild ambition.  Can we do it humbly and authentically. Because I wouldn't want to aim to make of it another hype-generating do-gooder Live Aid. But it is something "to do" in the face of individual helplessness.  

No comments: